Watch the sunrise from the top of Mount Batur on an early morning hike up Bali’s most emblematic mountain. Experience the stunning views from the active volcano near the village of Kintamani, and learn more about the region from local guides.
Get an early morning pick-up from your hotel in Bali in time to watch the sunrise from the top of Mount Batur. Depart between 01:30 and 02:30 (depending on the location of your hotel), and then journey towards the active volcano near the village of Kintamani.
Upon arrival at Mount Batur, get a short introduction and safety briefing from your guide. All the guides are locals with experience of climbing Mount Batur since they were children! Benefit from their extensive knowledge and passion for the region before you embark on your 1.5-hour trek to the highest volcanic crater in Bali in time to watch the sunrise.
Upon arrival at the top, enjoy breakfast and take in the amazing views of the surrounding area at the break of day. After sunrise, enjoy some time to walk around the crater of the volcano before crossing a hill of lava and black sand. Trek back down the mountain, and then soothe away your aches and pains at a natural hot spring at 09:00.
Visit a coffee plantation on the way back to your accommodation, and get dropped off by approximately 13:00 at the end of an amazing morning!
Live guide English
Duration 11 hours
Pick-up from the lobby of your hotel in Kuta, Seminyak, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran, Sanur or Ubud.Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Scale the sacred peak of Mount Batur on an early morning trek
Watch the sunrise from the top of the mountain, and visit the volcanic crater
Enjoy breakfast at the summit of Mount Batur
Take a dip in a natural hot spring
Visit the coffee plantation in the village of Temen
Know before you go
• The minimum suggested age to participate is 18 years old. Children may join the hike given strong level of fitness and physique
• Adult pricing applies to all participants
• This activity is not recommended for those with back, heart or other serious medical conditions
• The trek is not recommended for pregnant women
• A moderate amount of walking is involved and it is recommended you have a moderate level of fitness
• Please wear comfortable shoes and a light jacket
• Pick up time schedule: Kuta/Legian 01:30; Seminyak 01:30; Nusa Dua 01:30; Jimbaran 01:30; Canggu 01:30; Sanur 02:00; Ubud 02:15
• You will be transferred back to your hotel after the tour or else to a different drop-off point after the tour so long it’s still in the coverage area (see above cities)
Hotel pick-up and drop off
Beverage (tea, coffee, mineral water)
All taxes and fees